Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A New Adventure

Approximately 19 months ago is when I first began messing with the idea that would grow into Etched in Black.

About 11 months ago I signed up for the 2009 NaNoWriMo.

10 months ago I completed my 50,060 manuscript, which went to about chapter 4 or 5 by OYAN standards. I realized that I had the wrong heroine.

5 or 6 months ago, I wrote 30,000 words on a third person version of the book over spring break, which was about 4 days long.

2 or 3 months ago, I decided that it would be best if I began reading and watching the OYAN curriculum again, completely filling out the Map this time, because my manuscript refused to budge beyond 45,000 words.

41 days ago, I began doing exactly that.

And now here I am. The third and perhaps largest story mountain is in front of me. It's daunting. It's scary. It's exhilarating.

I can't wait.

~Nai

2 comments:

Annie P. said...

Godspeed, Nai!

Hannah said...

Oh, I can't wait either!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...