Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Up & Coming

I hope to post a review of a book I recently reread, Robin's Country, today, but as I don't want to clutter up that post with this update, I'm posting this first and seperate.

I will be gone for a few days, but I hope to get some things off the ground when I come back. Here is my plan, both to lock myself into this and so you get an idea of what I'm doing.

1) I'll be updating/changing the Etched in Black page with information on Worthless (working title) or Gervais's story.

2) I also want to begin a page on resources for historical fiction in general, 12th century in specific, and Robin Hood historical fiction in very specific. Mostly it will be explanations of books and I might try to find Amazon links or something. There are a couple of websites as well.

3) Right now I have plans for a posts on...

i) Historical Fiction dialogue

ii) The Rewards of Historical Fiction

iii) Christianity in Writing

iv) A 4-part series on why I love the legend of Robin Hood

v) I also have some vague ideas for "cheating" during historical fiction, the peculiarities of bringing a legend to life, and why, in some cases, you simply shouldn't cheat. Still a bit of a jumble in my head right now, we'll see how that plays out.

I hope to write some of these while I'm gone. I'm excited! The more I think about this odd niche I've fallen into, the more ideas I get...I hope they will be useful to you!

~Nai

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...