Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend Fun: Some Good Blogs

Don't worry, in spite of my crazy life I will be continuing Of Gold and Pillows as soon as I can next week, and I even have another post for the writers about receiving critiques after that.

For awhile now, I've been wanting to advertise some of my favourite blogs--I never like scrolling through blogrolls but do often click on links in posts, so I thought this'd be the best way to do it.

ALSO...I'm on the lookout for new blogs to follow. I like blogs that post decently frequently (say, at least 3-4 times a month, more fun if it's 2-3 times a week...I know, I haven't been following that the last few months!), look to encourage and teach, and, generally, ones by Christian writers. Yes, I allow myself to be picky (and yes, the ones I'm about to link to fit some, if not all, of these categories!). If you think your blog fits this category or you read one that you think does (or is just plain good), please post a link in the comments!

Rach
elle Gardner, Christian Literary Agent
An English literature teacher recommended this blog to me over two years ago, and I haven't gotten tired of it since. She teaches, encourages, and isn't afraid to have fun. Highly recommended, especially for writers interested in becoming professionally published some day. It has really helped me get the basis of knowledge about the publishing world. Even if you only look through the archives, it's a great resource.

For the Love of Life

This is a fellow OYANer's blog. She writes with clarity and honesty about her life, life in general, writing, and the Christian walk. It's always refreshing and a good read.

Jotting Down Notes

I just started reading this blog because of a thoughtful comment she left on mine, but I really enjoy it. It's always good for a laugh (mostly from amusing illustrations) and she also happens to be a Christian writer, which is really neat. She writes about a variety of things, but manages to make them all interesting and funny (it's probably her purple-headed depiction of herself that gets most of my laughs).

Pro-Life American
In a different vein, this is a new blog set up by my politically-inclined younger sister. So far it's informative but not lengthy or drowning in boring facts. Yes, it's my sister's, but I'd probably be reading it even if it wasn't. I can't do everything at the same time, and I like being able to keep up with the debate and issues through a worldview that (obviously) matches mine.

Writing for His Glory
She hasn't been posting as much lately, but I really enjoy reading it when she does. She talks mostly about writing and God (as the title implies), but also manages to slip in book and movie reviews I like to read (which is quite a feat--I usually skip those posts on other blogs!).

These are my favourite blogs--I'd like to hear about yours, too!

God bless,
~Nairam

Images taken from their respective blogs for the purpose of their advertisement. No copyright infringement intended.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey Nai!

Those look like amazing blogs. Thanks for sharing. Just wondering, The blog by an Oyaner? Who is it on the Forum? I might know her but I can't grasp it....

Also you wanted new blogs! Here are a few I like.

Nouveauwriter- http://nouveauwriter.blogspot.com/
This is a wonderful writing blog and I enjoy following. Great tips, suggestions. I think you'll really like it.

Feminine Farmgirl-
http://femininefarmgirl.blogspot.com/
A wonderful blog done by a Christian Farmgirl. You may have heard of this. I really love reading this blog.

Michelle Teacress-
http://michelleteacress.blogspot.com/
She is a friend of mine. She has a great blog with writing tidbits and other fun things.

Book Haven Extraordinaire-
http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/
This is my book blog. I do posts on books and some reviewing. Hope you enjoy it.

If I think of more I will comment again. Enjoy!

Nairam said...

Her username is Ink Stained. Her novel's great too. [/ends advertisement]

Thanks for the links! I'll check those out.

ZNZ said...

Thank you so much for linking to me! I'm off to go check out the others you linked to.

The Cat Hag said...

Love blog recommendations, gonna check them out now. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Katie Oostman said...

Oh Nai! That is so sweet of you to share my link and a blessing to us all to have other blogs to visit! Thanks!

-Inky

Hannah said...

You are more than welcome Nai. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...