Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beauty

Sometimes it is not loss and pain that bring tears to your eyes, it's Love, and Beauty, Truth and Sacrifice. They're a deeper, cleaner throb that resonates within you even when you don't know quite why.

I think it is because real Beauty and Truth hit the cord within each heart, and remind us that we don't belong in this fallen world. That there's something greater out there. It awakens that longing, pure and wonderful, for beauty without stain, truth without lies, love without selfishness.

I have been too deeply hurt, Sam. I tried to save the Shire, and it has been saved, but not for me. It must often be so, Sam, when things are in danger: some one has to give them up, lose them, so that others may keep them...
...you will read things out of the Red Book, and keep alive the memory of the age that is gone, so that people will remember the Great Danger and so love their beloved land all the more. And that will keep you as busy and as happy as anyone can be, as long as your part of the Story goes on.

~Frodo Baggins









Image Source

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my word, that picture of Frodo + the quote made me tear up.

Josiphine said...

Speaking of things of beauty...this post was beautiful to me. I love reading your blog!

Taylor Lynn said...

Are you TRYING to make me cry? Seriously? Every time I read OR watch that scene, I bawl like a baby! xD

And I completely agree. "Love, and Beauty, Truth and Sacrifice" are big tear-jerkers. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...