Saturday, September 24, 2011

Quintessence turns 3!!

...months.

I can’t believe it’s been so short a time. My summer was an absolute whirlwind, and it’s weird to think that September is almost gone already.

I’m 6 chapters and approximately 18,000 words into Quintessence, which is (again approximately) about halfway through.

Though it is comparatively short (the first draft of Forest of Lies totaled 45,000), Quintessence is definitely jockeying for “fastest book I’ve ever written” because that three-months time also includes the outlining process, which took the normal 4 or 5 months with Forest of Lies. So while I’m in the middle of Quintessence’s draft, I would have been about three-quarters through Forest of Lies’s outlining and development process.

Hywel is an awesome character. Really, he is. The story was really what kicked off this idea, and he just jumped in like: “This is my story!” and ran with it. (Me: Um, okay. Have fun with that...) He’s bold, he’s not stupid, and he does some crazy things that leave my mouth hanging open. He goes at it alone, and has a heart for the lost even while he’s searching himself. He doesn’t care for consequences and wants the Truth. All in all, a terrific guy with a very natural-flowing voice.

In celebration of three months, six quotes...

Chapter 1...
My grandfather’s dead. That doesn’t sit that well with The Good life, however, so my parents will fix it.

Chapter 2...
I’m gong back outside.

Chapter 3...
“A friend for the dark.”

Chapter 4...
You’re supposed to have the answer, but it’s only a question.

Chapter 5...
“This is Kioni.”

Chapter 6...
I ran.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...