Friday, March 2, 2012

Beautiful People: Marian

First, I apologize for dropping off the edge of the earth. The world of COLLEGE has opened its oped its ponderous and marble jaws to cast thee up--hold on. Sorry, that's Hamlet.

Anyway, college is not playing nice currently, though I am managing to get some editing done, so that's good!

I'm going with Marian again this month, because now that Forest of Lies is under construction, I'm getting back into her head (she remarks that that makes is more crowded even than usual) and she really is a great character, which I attempt to say with no conceit. Writerly types probably know what I mean.

Without further ado, Beautiful People:

1. If your character could be played by an actor, who would it be?
Actually, Lucy Griffiths of BBC Robin Hood renown would be an actress I could see playing Marian, except for two problems:

1. My character is quite different from the BBC one.

2. It's hard for me to seperate Lucy from Jonas and no, he would not be my choice for Robin.

Anyway...but she has the hair. And she's gorgeous.


2. Does your character have a specific theme song?
Yes! From the same Michael W. Smith CD album as Much's song (Hibernia) is The Giving, Marian's. Basically this entire album screams Forest of Lies at me.


3. What's their worst childhood memory?
Marian: There's not really one single thing. I suppose my childhood was actually pretty decent. My nurse dying was pretty traumatic, but...I don't know. I would guess it's more the end of my childhood that is my worst memory--when I realized that I had a father and he didn't care for me. Or not even that--but he didn't know me. And I didn't know him.

4. If your character had a superpower, what would it be?
Marian: I do have an superpower! It's called Extreme Sarcasm. I'm also good at Talking to Myself. If I could pick one, I'd go with healing.

5. If your character crashed on an island with a bunch of other people, how could your character help the group survive?
Marian: Um. Well, I could probably make some useful things with my ridiculous sleeves. I know a decent amount about herbs, too. I suppose that could help.
Me: Sarcasm could either keep people or laughing (laughing is good for you!) or make them all throw you in the ocean, too.
Marian: There is that.

6. Are they married? If not, do they someday wish to be?
Marian: I believe that's classified information.

7. What is a cause they would die for?
Marian: No specific cause...more high-flung ideals like justice and truth and love and also for all the people who are precious to me.

8. Would they rather die fighting valiantly, or quietly at home?
Marian: It depends. I like the idea of "fighting valiantly" for some noble cause (I'm contradicting my previous answer), and I also like the idea of going peacefully among the people I love. And really, I think you can do both to some extent. In any rate, I hope I don't die anytime soon.

9. If a stranger walked up to them and told them they were the child of the prophesy, would they believe them?
Marian: Nope.

10. Do they prefer the country, or the city?
Marian: The forest.

4 comments:

Carrots from OYAN said...

Oooh, I love this interview! Very nice. Marian's well developed!

Farjag said...

Oh, the power of Extreme Sarcasm! Let the forest of Sherwood tremble! :P And I can definitely see her ripping up her sleeves for something useful.
An excellent glimpse into Marian's mind, Nai!

And this is where I confess that I just realized the significance of Nairam... *headdesk*

ladyalocksley said...

Ah, that music is beautiful!
Have I mentioned I am dying to read Forest of Lies? I have? That's what I thought.
Nat: Just ignore her, she repeats herself a lot.
Me: Go away, Natty.
Nat: I thought you weren't going to use my nickname in public!
Me: Aren't charries fun?
Nat: *snorts*

~Godsgirl

Nairam said...

@Carrots: Thank you!

@Farjag: Haha. Don't worry, it seems to be 75% of people who don't realize forever, and 25% who realize instantly. XD

@Godsgirl: Y'know, you can read it here: http://www.oneyearnovel.com/forum/uploads/701f558cc094ba610a4988dec730f44f.pdf

Though that's the third draft and I'm changing a lot, so if you wait a few months you could read the new and (hopefully) improved version. ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...